Fully bilingual (English and French) | approx. 260 linear feet
Total: 50 framed photographs
including the following texts and images
40 superior framed photographs of rocks and geological features 17" x 17.5"
specs: Nikon F2 35 mm SLR, 50 mm lens, high resolution Kodachrome ISO
25 or 64 slide film, 1995-1999, hand-printed Ilfochrome P3X prints, Canadian
birch wood frame, acid-free assembly, glass).
mineralogical and geological pictures of the Precambrian Shield showing
formations and details common to the geography of much of Quebec, Northern
Ontario and Northern Canada.
- 7 framed
photographs of astronomical subjects. 17" x 17.5" (~)
- 2 framed
photographs of landscapes. 17" x 17.5"
- 1 framed
geological map drawing. 17" x 17.5" (~)
- 50 bilingual text panels - 25/25 bilingual panels. 7.5" x 7.5"
- 16 bilingual
captions 3" x 7.5"
- 7 Hanging Titles 9.5" x 17"
- 4 Hanging Texts 11" x 17"
- 4 Landsat
and Radarsat images 8" x 8" (~)
- 3 aerial
photos of the Eardley Escarpment 4.25" x 9" (~)
- 2 World
Maps: Grenville Orogen and Precambrian Shield 8" x 8" (~)
- 2 bilingual
- 1 Radarsat
Map of Canada 48" x 64" (~)
- 1 Entrance
image 11" x 17"
- all mounts, templates and tools to assist in installation
DELIVERABLES - 2007
- Delivery of exhibit components plus mounting materials, templates and tools
- Installation, take-down and removal of exhibit. Option A only.
orientation session for staff and guides (30 min). Option A only.
- Custom postcard with your institution name, exhibit dates included.
1000 for promotion or retail sale)
Canadian destinations: prices in Canadian Dollars
other destinations: prices in USD
expenses to be covered by your Institution are as follows:
Shipping: return shipping from Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5B9 Canada
- shipping may be less during a tour
cases 24" x 20" x 20" x 45 lbs.
cost evaluation document.(7 pages Adobe PDF 212 k)
Estimated shipping and insurance (to be determined): $1,000
Installation and take-down to be done by your institution.
- Installation Guide (DOWNLOAD).
- Orientation Guide
- Oversight, packaging, shipping arrangements.
- The curator will advise on the installation.
Plus operational expenses Option A
A. Installation by Astra Exhibits staff.
Total personnel (option): $2,000
Estimated transportation and accommodation (to be determined- option): $1,000
price is based on:
- - the opportunity for the purchaser to display the exhibit in a corporate or institutional setting, or to re-disseminate the exhibit in the future, fee-based, to museums and educational institutions;
- - the
benefit from the future value of the exhibit's quality pre-digital photography
plus the exhibit's demonstration of popular science during the burgeoning
of interest in astronomy at the turn of the 21st century.
- - aesthetic,
academic and technical input.
- - production,
translation and fabrication.
- - initial
venue feedback and revisions.
- - provision
of all masters and materials.
Please inquire for details on the exclusive rights and responsibilities concerning purchase, preservation, product sales and re-dissemination of the exhibit. (special arrangements are necessary for a small number of third-party items - indicated (~) ).
within North America to your institution:
- all components
including packaging and shipping materials
by Astra Exhibits staff
- DVD containing
master text files
To receive an exhibit prospectus by post, please contact:
44 Murray Street
Ottawa Ontario K1N 5M4 Canada
(613) 294-2205 | info -at- petrabooks.ca